Crossbones Crew Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voodoo Skills - Advice Wanted

+2
sandy
Ulysses Stormrunner
6 posters

Go down

Voodoo Skills - Advice Wanted Empty Voodoo Skills - Advice Wanted

Post by Ulysses Stormrunner Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:14 am

Both Ulysses and Randy have been leveling their dolls like crazy the past couple of days. As a result, I have a slew of Voodoo Skill Points to assign, and am interested in getting advice from my Guildmates.

Here's what I have so far:

Ulysses - Doll LVL16 (5 points to assign)
    Attune - 2
    Poke - 4
    Swarm - 4
    Curse - 1
    Heal - 1

Randy - Doll LVL15 (6 points to assign)
    Attune - 2
    Poke - 4
    Swarm - 2
    Curse - 1
    Heal - 1

Both
    Scorch, Cure, Focus, and Spirit Ward are unlocked but have no points assigned.

I will probably assign another point (or two) to Attune, Poke and Swarm. Also, I'm pretty sure I will want Life Drain when it becomes available at LVL20, but find I don't have the same interest in Shackles.
At this point, does assigning points to Cure make more sense than adding to Heal?
Does Scorch do anything special (besides being a neat effect)? I rarely see other pirates using it, so am unable to judge its value & effectiveness.
What about the passive skills? Spirit Ward sounds like the Voodoo equivalent of Parry. Does it work any better? (FYI, Randy has 2 points on Parry -- and I think it worked better when he only had 1.)

TIA for your feedback. pirat
Ulysses Stormrunner
Ulysses Stormrunner

Number of posts : 16
Current Notoriety : L37
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Back to top Go down

Voodoo Skills - Advice Wanted Empty Re: Voodoo Skills - Advice Wanted

Post by sandy Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:27 pm

as a new item opens i always apply to it, and also i try to give some extra help on my healing powers because i feel real bad if i loose a friend its alittle more insurance that i can keep em outta jail ye wanna get cure for sure its an extra boost for ye friends in need as for the rest, i kindof keep it as even as i can but like i said thats me
sandy
sandy

Number of posts : 24
Current Notoriety : lvl 36
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.myspace.com/sandys5monsters@sbcglobal.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie Sword Slinger Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:05 am

I once took the advice of a pirate that had really high level in voodoo doll, She advised attune 3, but I prefer 4.. and use 2 points on all the rest at first. Then apply where desired. It works well for building, if any one of your powers are too high, you kill it before you get good rep. Lower powers mean more hits on it, eventually you want it to be stronger though for higher level enemies. I was averaging about 75 to 100 rep on L22 crabs at Isle Perdida. Just running around in circles giving it all I had, over and over til they were blasted into oblivion...Hope it helps. pirat
Suzie Sword Slinger
Suzie Sword Slinger

Number of posts : 36
Current Notoriety : L32
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Slater Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:37 pm

As well as agreeing with Sue, Shackles and Life drain are skills worth saving up a few points for. Shackles are useful on raiders, seabeards and kelpbrains

Personally I don't find scorch too useful. Curse obviously impacts on all the other skills. But I only have one point on that myself.

Spirit ward I haven't taken yet but did max my parry to as far as I can tell little effect.

As you can completely disable enemies with voodoo by hitting them with three shots of hexeater with yer gun can't really see the point of spirit ward.

Thats my two doubloon's worth anyway.

Black Slater
Black Slater
Black Slater

Number of posts : 37

http://www.consortium-of-gentlemen.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Stormrunner Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Suzie Sword Slinger wrote:Lower powers mean more hits on it, eventually you want it to be stronger though for higher level enemies. I was averaging about 75 to 100 rep on L22 crabs at Isle Perdida. Just running around in circles giving it all I had, over and over til they were blasted into oblivion...

That’s almost exactly how I’ve been leveling, Suzie. But I’ve been using the Giant Crabs on the John Smith side of Driftwood. pirat

Attuning 2 at once and primarily using Poke, I’ve been getting 100 rep per crab -- even with LVL19 crabs! The trick I discovered was to time it so I could throw Curse about 4-5 times per battle. Since Curse actually registers as a lowly little -1 hit, it increases the amount of rep I get in the end.

Black Slater wrote:Shackles are useful on raiders, seabeards and kelpbrains

Precisely the type of information I was looking for. Thanks, mate!

Black Slater wrote:Spirit ward I haven't taken yet but did max my parry to as far as I can tell little effect.

Ah, so your Parry doesn’t do much either? As I mentioned in my original post, I think it did more when I only had one skill point on it. I certainly noticed it working enough then to invest another point, but now I scarcely see it at all. Think I'll report it as a bug...

Black Slater wrote:As you can completely disable enemies with voodoo by hitting them with three shots of hexeater with yer gun can't really see the point of spirit ward.

I just got myself some Hex Eater shots this past weekend, and think they're terrific additions to my arsenal. Thanks to them, I did some major leveling yesterday in the Catacombs on Padres. Those Undead Gypsies just became putty in my hands. Twisted Evil

Ulysses Stormrunner
Ulysses Stormrunner

Number of posts : 16
Current Notoriety : L37
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:49 am

Ulysses Stormrunner wrote:
That’s almost exactly how I’ve been leveling, Suzie. But I’ve been using the Giant Crabs on the John Smith side of Driftwood. pirat

Attuning 2 at once and primarily using Poke, I’ve been getting 100 rep per crab -- even with LVL19 crabs! The trick I discovered was to time it so I could throw Curse about 4-5 times per battle. Since Curse actually registers as a lowly little -1 hit, it increases the amount of rep I get in the end.

<font color="#585858"><font face="Verdana">

I've also found the same spot fairly good for levelling grenades. (From L5 - L9) Pulling three Giant crabs at a time yields about 20 xp per crab. If anyone knows a better spot, other than Kingshead obviously, please let me know.

The good thing about Giant Crabs is they are slow so it makes targetting them a bit easier. pirat pirat pirat pirat

Also you'll find yer hexeater works a treat on Brinescum and Molusks in the caves on Tormenta. Possibly the best place to level yer pistol. Probably best to take a friend along but if you're careful and take plenty of tonic also good place to level dolly and once you get life drain shouldn't have any probs at all on yer own!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 50

https://crossbones.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Baron Bootychaser Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 pm

I like having the ability to attune 4, and am thinking about making it 5. I also max'ed out my heal so it spreads better. I was in the theives den last night and had 3 random lower level (5, 11, 14) pirates pirat attuned letting them just constantly hack down the Navy and ETIC dogs in there. I kept the 4th slot for me own self-defence should one of them bildgerats get a hankering to attack me. I have one in every other skill that is open to me except Cure which i will build upon just like heal. I figures I make me self a healer Monkey face of sorts with me Doll, cause I be guessing the Staff is a wicked weapon that you can not use to heal with. Twisted Evil
Baron Bootychaser
Baron Bootychaser

Number of posts : 51
Current Notoriety : Level 29 and Working Weapons
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down