Crossbones Crew Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wasted Dots

+3
sandy
Admin
Sirene
7 posters

Go down

Wasted Dots Empty Wasted Dots

Post by Sirene Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:14 am

I have a few skills dots to apply and I be not wanting to waste em like I did on my pirate Jade. By the time I figured out what they were and that they be limited I had applied 3 dots to Open Fire afore I knew it. Me cannons are coming of age and I worry whether to apply any to barrage or shrapnel.

So my question to you all is thar be any weapon skill points you have applied and wish ya applied somewhere's else?
Sirene
Sirene

Number of posts : 48
Current Notoriety : 31
31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Wasted Dots Empty Re: Wasted Dots

Post by Admin Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 am

Hmm tricky one this.

Sailing I'm pretty confident on but some of the passives on others I'm not so sure about.

My advice for sailing points as follows.

Treasure sense cetainly makes a difference. Black has his maxed and his biggest haul to date was 9 royal chests in one trip. Put 5 points on that as soon as it unlocked and boy did it increase me plunderin take.

Me record is over 1500 gold.

Having said that Blind has ended up with only three dots and still makes fairly good runs. Around 700 to 800 gold if crewed and Captain.

The place I reckon most Captains me included overspend points sailing is oddly enough on broadsides.

You just don't really need em to be powerful if you have a good crew.

And If you've got yer treasure sense maxed you'll probably get one.

Obviously when yer starting out and you don't have crew so often they seem really important but ultimately they aint.

My advice for anyone starting a new pirate is this.

Leave one of them unimproved 9or both if ye be a very skilfull sailor. and save yer points fer later.

This I think might be the ideal config fer sailing.

Right broadside 2

Left broadside 2

Full sail 1

Come About 1

Open Fire 1 This does seem to make a big difference especially with a full gun crew.

Ramming 1 You will never need more than one on this.

Windcatcher 5 You can't have a ship thats too fast

Tacking 5 Or one that turns too fast.

Treasure sense 5

Task master 0

This leaves you Two dots left over to play around with Personally I'd put em on either Open fire or take cover or possibly Full sail or come about. Haven't tried increasing those skills on either blind or black. Just know that Broadsides become less and less important as you A improve as a sailor and B get a fine Crossbones crew around ye.

Okay thats my opinion on Sailing points.

What a long opinion it turned out to be Smile

Yours

At length

Black
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-12-12

https://crossbones.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sandy Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:44 am

aye Jade Blastmenace agrees with the Slater boys on the sailen points
sandy
sandy

Number of posts : 24
Current Notoriety : lvl 36
Registration date : 2007-12-13

http://www.myspace.com/sandys5monsters@sbcglobal.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Thank Ye, Thank Ye! I surely appreiciate the input for sailing points afore I maxxed my come about, lol. But it would have been fun sailing all out, then doing a power slide into the dock eh?

Anyone have experience with barrage or shrapnel on the cannons? I haven't applied any points there yet.
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Stormrunner Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:09 am

Things really depend on your personal style of playing.

I, for example, often sail solo, so having strong broadsides has been essential to my survival. (FYI, I much prefer being part of a crew, manning the cannons for some of the fine captains we have in Crossbones.)

I've done the math, and Task Master doesn't look worth it. I've timed my broadsides, and they take 15 seconds to recharge. A 3% decrease means they would recharge in 14.55 seconds. (Please try to contain your enthusiasm....) Fully maxed, your recharge time will be 12.75 seconds. Hardly worth the investment, imo.

I don't get the point of Shrapnel. So it "wounds" for 4 seconds. What exactly does that mean?

I fully intend to max out Barrage, however (unless somebody can convince me otherwise). That translates into a 25% increase in the damage you can inflict -- which is the equivalent of adding an additional skill point on all your cannon ammo and grenades.

Similar skill benefits with other weapons are Blade Instinct on Dagger and Spirit Mastery on Staff. Maxing these sounds like a no-brainer to me. I'm just holding off and doing them last, since I am still leveling.
Ulysses Stormrunner
Ulysses Stormrunner

Number of posts : 16
Current Notoriety : L37
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Baron Bootychaser Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Aye Mates, This the Baron Bootychaser's little dot Plan:

Me puts me current level there so ya know roughly how many me have and how many me has to be done.

Cannon ( 17 ): The first thing I did was max 3 skills the Rate of fire (upper left corner) the Iron Shot (the first ammo type in the circle) and the Rapid Reload (lower Left Corner). Hit'em Fast and Hit'em Hard. Then I took 1 in the Fireball shots. I did not see any need to take Chain shot or Grape shot, I want to sink the ship not shoot sails or people, besides you can do that with regular iron shot. Then I took the improved damage skill a little, I will spend my remaining points in taking/improving ammo in fire ball, thunder shot and fury shot.

Sailing ( 18 ): Slater has it going on, but a few things different that I like. I choose to max one broadside and leave the other at starting. This way I have a strong side and a weak side. With a good crew it don’t matter much which side I use, but with a novice crew I use the strong side. Also spend one in each of the other sailing command (inside the circle). Max’in wind catcher is awesome (faster baby). My remaining points I will working on the center two on the bottom Tacking and treasure hunter. I will be putting 1 point in the remaining command take cover and task master skill each.

Cutlass ( 15 ): I am working on having 3 in each of the combo moves (the top 5) and seriously considering max,in the sweep attack, it the only attack for close crowd control. Then I will have one point in each of the other skills. That will leave me one point to put where ever.

Pistol ( 15 ): I am trying max the basic shot and aimed shot, with at least one point in each type of ammo and other skills. I will boost the iron shot a little bit you don’t run out of this ammo. I may put a few points in Hex-eater it is a must for those witch doctors and gypsies. After that I will decide on what else to do.

Doll ( 15 ): I got to the heal skill as fast as I could and then I started working to attune more targets, right I am at 4 targets and considering the 5th. It is nice to attune a friend(s) and attune an enemy(s) to fight and heal in the same combat. Be sure to put at least one in each spell (in the circle). Variety works awesome with building this skill. I will think about, but I am not too impressed with skills at the bottom. I mean who needs 8 points of voodoo when a potion will recharge voodoo in a time of need.

Dagger ( 15 ): I am working to have 4 in each of the combo moves and will put at least one in each ammo type. The sidewinder looks cool, LOL.

Grenade ( 5 ): I am working on the basic throwing skill and taking each type of ammo as it comes up, just so I do have go buy more ammo that often. I will be putting a point on Long volley to see how it works. The skill I am interested in the most opens at level 6, it is the far left one on the bottom to increase your pirates self-healing rate. The other skills on the bottom just don’t seem to be that good to me.

Staff: Still a dream for me, LOL.

That be me take on it, What ya think? Crosbones Monkey face Crosbones
Baron Bootychaser
Baron Bootychaser

Number of posts : 51
Current Notoriety : Level 29 and Working Weapons
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:42 am

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Aye Mates, This the Baron Bootychaser's little dot Plan:

Aye a fine plan to be sure! Ty you Baron and Ulysses ye both have giving me insight to a few things I haven't considered. I an greatly excited about the passive skills on the grenades too, I best get working on those.
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulysses Stormrunner Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:52 am

Baron Bootychaser wrote:
Sailing ( 18 ): ... I will be putting 1 point in the remaining command take cover and task master skill each.
I really think you'd be wasting a point in Task Master. (See my post above.) With only one dot, you'll get less than a half second boost to the recharge speed.

I'd also be interested in more opinions on Take Cover. The things I've heard or read so far are very mixed, with some people swearing by it and others thinkin' it's practically worthless.

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Cutlass ( 15 ): I am working on having 3 in each of the combo moves (the top 5) and seriously considering max,in the sweep attack, it the only attack for close crowd control. Then I will have one point in each of the other skills. That will leave me one point to put where ever.
Ah, just wait until ye get a taste of Bladestorm, mate. You may be wantin' to reconsider your point allocation then. It's one of my favorite attacks in the whole game. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to limit myself to having just 4 dots on it, unless I leave Sweep at 3. Decisions, decisions...

Also, I don't have any points on Stab, as I heard some people have difficulty getting the timing right for it to work. Since I had that problem with Gouge on Dagger, I didn't want to take the chance with my Cutlass, so I loaded the points on the other 4 combo moves.

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Pistol ( 15 ): I am trying max the basic shot and aimed shot, with at least one point in each type of ammo and other skills. I will boost the iron shot a little bit you don’t run out of this ammo. I may put a few points in Hex-eater it is a must for those witch doctors and gypsies. After that I will decide on what else to do.
I've maxed Lead Shot, but I'm sorry I put any on Venom or Bane. They just don't seem to do much of anything. Venom does damage-over-time; but, seriously, my enemies aren't usually alive long enough for it to matter. And though Bane is supposed to reduce the enemy's attack, I've not noticed any difference.

Hex Eater is great -- but I don't know that you need more than 1 or 2 dots on it. I currently only have one dot, and can still sap the voodoo from an Undead Gypsy with only 2-3 shots. (Speaking of # of shots, the three-barrel pistol is the best weapon upgrade in the game, imo. If you don't already have it, purchase it as soon as you can.)

Though I have yet to do it, I'm thinking of investing 2-3 dots in Eagle Eye. That would increase my range by 8-12 ft., which should be enough to avoid most of the "Out of Range" messages I get. Any more than that, however, and I probably couldn't see what I'm aimin' at anyway...

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Doll ( 15 ): I got to the heal skill as fast as I could and then I started working to attune more targets, right I am at 4 targets and considering the 5th. It is nice to attune a friend(s) and attune an enemy(s) to fight and heal in the same combat. Be sure to put at least one in each spell (in the circle). Variety works awesome with building this skill. I will think about, but I am not too impressed with skills at the bottom. I mean who needs 8 points of voodoo when a potion will recharge voodoo in a time of need.
I'm skipping the passive skills on the Doll, too. Aside from that, however, I haven't made a final decision on my dot allotment and am currently hoarding 7 unassigned skill points (with 3 more levels still to go). I fully expect that Life Drain will go up a couple more dots before I'm done.

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Dagger ( 15 ): I am working to have 4 in each of the combo moves and will put at least one in each ammo type. The sidewinder looks cool, LOL.
Ulysses had a problem with the timing on Gouge, so my other pirate, Randy, skipped it entirely. His combo moves, therefore, are Cut/Swipe and Eviscerate, which work quite well together. (By the way, Ulysses has overcome most of the problems he had with Gouge -- but Randy will probably still abstain from getting it.)

Like with the pistol, I'm not sure there is that much to be gained from having all the different ammo types. Early on, it's worth having one on either Asp or Adder so you can get the attention of those Navy and EITC fellows. And Sidewinder is cool, but its recharge time is slow enough that you'll probably only use it once or twice in a battle. For a ranged attack with limited use, I like Viper's Nest so far -- though I only just got it, so my opinion might change.

And, as I said above, pay attention to the Blade Instinct skill here. It increases the damage you can inflict from both your Dagger and Cutlass.

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Grenade ( 5 ): I am working on the basic throwing skill and taking each type of ammo as it comes up, just so I do have go buy more ammo that often. I will be putting a point on Long volley to see how it works. The skill I am interested in the most opens at level 6, it is the far left one on the bottom to increase your pirates self-healing rate. The other skills on the bottom just don’t seem to be that good to me.
So far, I'm workin' my grenades using just Explosive and haven't taken any other ammo types. I heard from my mates that Stink Pot ain't worth it. I'm debating getting Fire Bomb; and, further down the road, Siege Charge. (Does anyone recommend Smoke Bomb?)

I already have 2 dots on the Determination skill to boost my health recovery, and plan on putting more there soon. I'm also debating Demolitions and would be interested in hearing from others about it. If I don't end up taking a lot of the grenade types, I might try a few dots on Ignore Pain once it unlocks. (I hate it when those Mercenaries stun me into paralysis!)

Baron Bootychaser wrote:Staff: Still a dream for me, LOL.

I'm up to level 14 and, like with the Doll, am currently stockpiling skill points. I've kept Blast and Soul Flay at their initial 1 dot apiece -- in order to facilitate leveling -- but will most likely add some points to both later. I've skipped Pestilence entirely (as nobody I know seems to use it that much). However, since I did want to be able to use the Staff in battle, I've put 4 on Wither and 4 on Flaming Skull so far, and will probably max them eventually. I'm not interested in Banish (as it looks like it uses too much voodoo for its effectiveness) or Desolation (since I don't want to possibly perish along with everything I'm attacking).

The passive skills here are some of the most worthwhile in the game, with Spirit Mastery being the prime choice. Concentration is the voodoo equivalent of Determination, boosting your voodoo recovery rate by 10% per dot. And both Spirit Lore and Conservation sound enticing, though they are slightly hampered by the small advantage they give (only +/- 4% per dot).

Baron Bootychaser wrote:That be me take on it, What ya think? Crosbones Monkey face Crosbones
Asked, and answered. pirat
Ulysses Stormrunner
Ulysses Stormrunner

Number of posts : 16
Current Notoriety : L37
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Baron Bootychaser Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Thanks Ulysses Stormrunner, Awesome advice me young matey.

Sailing: Well maybe I be skipping the task master skill after all. The take cover seems to be worth a point though. Although limited use I have heard how it saved a few plunder trips from being cut short or a total loss.

Cutlass: I be wanting to try that Blade storm but it shows no indication to useful against more then one target at a time. That be reason I like the sweep so much. I have no real issue with getting all the combo to work and it does plenty of harm and I throw the sweep and/or a little dirt in the face at the end to add another attack to the combo.

Pistol: I have the venom and bane shots at 1 point, just to have a bit of variety there. I usually open with a venom shot then switch to me lead shot. True the bane shot does not seem have much effect. I been kinda eyeing the eagle eye, I hate those out of range messages also.

Doll: I like my dolly, LOL. Wonder if they make Voodoo G.I. Joe or Voodoo Barbie for the young ladies. Laughing

Dagger: I love my dagger combos, and I use the venom blade followed by a sidewinder then the scurvy dog be close enough for me combo to finish him off. I have no problems with this combo also and foot stomp in there once in a while makes it fun.

Grenade: UGH!!!! But give me that determination. bom

Staff: Thanks for your insight on the staff.

Thanks Again, Crosbones Monkey face
Baron Bootychaser
Baron Bootychaser

Number of posts : 51
Current Notoriety : Level 29 and Working Weapons
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie Sword Slinger Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi Guys, Wow Baron you have an amazing memory about what you took where. I just have a few comments to make. One is about the take cover skill. I did take one there, just because sometimes sailing alone, I am almost to my destination and low and behold a blasted skeleton ship or something nasty tries to take me down, just a security blankey for me if I have had a tough time of it and have taken lots of damage. It does help, at least in my experiences using it.
The voodoo staff is so awesome, although I have to admit, I got lucky and got mine before the update they did. You know the one that allows smaller level enemies to do damage to you. I went to Kingshead and stood at the center field and hit all nine of those guards at once and leveled up quickly. before too long i was already to level 15 and buying the really spendy staff. Now when I go there, of course being a higher level in the staff I don't get much credit now, and they are whooping my rear end...Thank goodness for potions. Smile
Suzie Sword Slinger
Suzie Sword Slinger

Number of posts : 36
Current Notoriety : L32
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Back to top Go down

Wasted Dots Empty danged dots

Post by Erik the Awful Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:43 am

I did like you in beta, Sirene... had no clue about the workings of the skill dots at first. I even wrote to disney to complain that my pirate didnt have cleave yet on his sword when lower level pirates had it :p I had maxed head-butt by that time though lol

It is kinda complicated, and all depends on what you do, what kind pirate you want to be. Pretty frustrating really, being allowed only 25 out of 55 possible skill points! I agree with Admin about holding onto your dots when small, use them later when more things open up. It is the tendency to spend them right away on things you won't even need later.

Here are my tips and wayward suggestions:

Cannon: I maxed thunder and barrage. I use thunder more than anything. I hate fury... blinds you, hard to aim well, and I'm not sure what it is supposed to be... I just pretend I am catapulting flaming garbage bags at them... tnt also sucks... takes too long to load, only works at close range, and you only get 3 of em.

Sailing: I sail alone a lot, so maxing broadsides made sense to me. Speed is important, so I maxed windcatcher, and got 3 on full sail... more would have been nice... treasure sense makes good sense to max of course... I also put one on take cover, but it seems to me that it does not work at all. I see where Suzy says it works for her, but I swear there must be holes in mine, cuz I get blasted anyway. It is listed as a battle order, same as open fire, so I wonder if it is just empty words. Did anyone put more than one dot on it? one is supposed to protect for 10 seconds... yeah right!

Weapons: What you pick depends on what kind of pirate you want. Mine is a fighter, who prefers the quick kill. On cutlass, maxing bladestorm is great, but you have to think ahead and save up for it... I didnt, and so only got 4 on it. I maxed grenades second, and it is my favorite weapon. I watch other pirates at kingshead hacking and slashing and voodooing till the cows come home trying to kill a soldier who got in their way, when normally I can do it in one toss and boom be on my merry way. I maxed long volley, explosives (first grenade) and seige charge (5th grenade), to make the most practical and powerful grenades. number 2,3,4 grenades are just for show, or to help level up by using smaller weapons for bigger reps. I wouldn't suggest putting more than one on them, if that. I only got one each on passives, so can't tell you much about them. On pistol, max take aim for a more powerful shot. And hex to knock out voodoo guys quickly and use them to get big reps. On staff I maxed wither, flame and spirit mastery. I stayed clear of devastation.. I kill myself enough with grenades as it is. The dagger, or butter knife as I call it, I consider a secondary weapon, so I focused on the passives, maxing finess and blade instinct because they helped my sword too. And I maxed vipers nest, again looking for the quick kill. My dolly I still have not maxed. Most pirates max it first, but I just feel silly fighting with a doll. I maxed heal, since I'd rather heal with the doll than fight with it, and i maxed focus, to get maximum voodoo for use on staff. I also put extra on shackles, but left life drain untouched. I've been told over and over how great life drain is, but I'm not into voodoo fighting. I am into fighting voodoo guys though. I got beat once in PvP by a voodoo girl who ran around like a kid on sugar cereals. The shackles help with that... I hold em long enough to hit them with grenades. Also I invested in spirit ward to resist voodoo.

I just hope they expand the game at some point and allow us to get more dots. No matter what you pick you always seem incomplete as it is. Maxing open fire is funny btw lmao!
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Number of posts : 57
Current Notoriety : Wasted Dots Lvlup_10
Registration date : 2008-01-22

http://www.myspace.com/earlrayerickson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:55 am

Erik the Awful wrote:I did like you in beta, Sirene... had no clue about the workings of the skill dots at first. I even wrote to disney to complain that my pirate didnt have cleave yet on his sword when lower level pirates had it :p I had maxed head-butt by that time though lol
Aye was awful, figured I needed to be level 15 dolly afore I could attune 2. Turns out you can at level 3, lol doh!

Erik the Awful wrote:It is kinda complicated, and all depends on what you do, what kind pirate you want to be. Pretty frustrating really, being allowed only 25 out of 55 possible skill points! I agree with Admin about holding onto your dots when small, use them later when more things open up. It is the tendency to spend them right away on things you won't even need later.
Like 3 dots on Open Fire?

Erik the Awful wrote:Here are my tips and wayward suggestions:

Cannon: I maxed thunder and barrage. I use thunder more than anything.
Love that thunder, I love getting a bang outta that, totally gratifying.

Erik the Awful wrote:I hate fury... blinds you, hard to aim well, and I'm not sure what it is supposed to be... I just pretend I am catapulting flaming garbage bags at them...
LOL, with my luck the bag will rip. Oooof I put 4 dots on rapid reload, and 3 on shoot, did I mess up again? Since the Kraken and possibly Sea PVP is coming should I be concerned about grape shot, it is worthless now so haven't put a point on it?

Erik the Awful wrote:tnt also sucks... takes too long to load, only works at close range, and you only get 3 of em.
Oh, good info, I would probably end up wasting them blowing my feet off, then need to get a sea turtle to ride around on. A verrry piratey look, maybe get him an eye patch and hoist a crossbone flag on his tail.

Erik the Awful wrote:Sailing: I sail alone a lot, so maxing broadsides made sense to me. Speed is important, so I maxed windcatcher, and got 3 on full sail... more would have been nice... treasure sense makes good sense to max of course... I also put one on take cover, but it seems to me that it does not work at all. I see where Suzy says it works for her, but I swear there must be holes in mine, cuz I get blasted anyway. It is listed as a battle order, same as open fire, so I wonder if it is just empty words. Did anyone put more than one dot on it? one is supposed to protect for 10 seconds... yeah right!
Heard somewhere's that it only repels regular cannon not the fancy smancy types.

Erik the Awful wrote:Weapons: What you pick depends on what kind of pirate you want. Mine is a fighter, who prefers the quick kill. On cutlass, maxing bladestorm is great, but you have to think ahead and save up for it... I didnt, and so only got 4 on it.
Oh good I better start thinking now as I am only a level 7 here.

Erik the Awful wrote:I maxed grenades second, and it is my favorite weapon. I watch other pirates at kingshead hacking and slashing and voodooing till the cows come home trying to kill a soldier who got in their way, when normally I can do it in one toss and boom be on my merry way.
That was me!!!

Erik the Awful wrote:I maxed long volley, explosives (first grenade) and seige charge (5th grenade), to make the most practical and powerful grenades. number 2,3,4 grenades are just for show, or to help level up by using smaller weapons for bigger reps. I wouldn't suggest putting more than one on them, if that. I only got one each on passives, so can't tell you much about them.
I am writing this down as I am still level 7 here too.

Erik the Awful wrote:On pistol, max take aim for a more powerful shot. And hex to knock out voodoo guys quickly and use them to get big reps.
Love the hex!

Erik the Awful wrote:On staff I maxed wither, flame and spirit mastery. I stayed clear of devastation.. I kill myself enough with grenades as it is.
Another bookmark here, not even close to know what your talking about as I am still aways away from getting Staff.

Erik the Awful wrote:The dagger, or butter knife as I call it, I consider a secondary weapon, so I focused on the passives, maxing finess and blade instinct because they helped my sword too. And I maxed vipers nest, again looking for the quick kill.
Ohhh, we gotta slow you down! Savor it! lol Again, another weapon I haven't worked, gonna have to save up for that.

Erik the Awful wrote:My dolly I still have not maxed. Most pirates max it first, but I just feel silly fighting with a doll.
lol, Just try and imagine your stroking its pretty hair.

Erik the Awful wrote:I maxed heal, since I'd rather heal with the doll than fight with it, and i maxed focus, to get maximum voodoo for use on staff. I also put extra on shackles, but left life drain untouched. I've been told over and over how great life drain is, but I'm not into voodoo fighting.
I am level 20 here, (love the dolly), I have only 1 on poke and all others I haven't mentioned, 2 swarm, 3 attune, 5 on heal, 2 on life drain its really pretty and 3 on focus. Since I have only 4 left to apply I am getting nervous where to put them. It's still a cloth doll, I want my warships, so I will buy the silk later.

Erik the Awful wrote:I am into fighting voodoo guys though. I got beat once in PvP by a voodoo girl who ran around like a kid on sugar cereals. The shackles help with that... I hold em long enough to hit them with grenades. Also I invested in spirit ward to resist voodoo.
No doubt it was Capn Crunch. Arrr!

Erik the Awful wrote:I just hope they expand the game at some point and allow us to get more dots. No matter what you pick you always seem incomplete as it is.
Maxing open fire is funny btw lmao!
Oh I will use it just because it's more powerful now! You'll be able to hear me on other oceans!
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:52 pm

Heard somewhere's that it only repels regular cannon not the fancy smancy types.
hmmm... might be so. In that case I think it is not worth a dot. Warship hulls are tuff enuff.

LOL, with my luck the bag will rip. Oooof I put 4 dots on rapid reload, and 3 on shoot, did I mess up again? Since the Kraken and possibly Sea PVP is coming should I be concerned about grape shot, it is worthless now so haven't put a point on it?

I only put one on rapid reload, but what do i know. I maxed barrage instead, because it increases damage of grenades as well as cannons (or so it says). I put 4 on shoot... I think it is good, as it increses firing rate. Sounds like it does the same thing as rapid reload, huh. Could be another clever trick to get us to waste dots, and so have to create new pirates to try to get it right. :p I put one dot on grapeshot because i heard some pirates claiming it was so great, back in the old days. But those pirates were likely level 5 or less, and had no clue. It is more accurate than regular cannon balls, but does minimal damage. I am good enough at sharpshooting with cannon. Actually I am big enough now that I couldnt care less if I kill any before boarding. You make a good point about upcoming sea pvp though. hmmm...

I am level 20 here, (love the dolly), I have only 1 on poke and all others I haven't mentioned, 2 swarm, 3 attune, 5 on heal, 2 on life drain its really pretty and 3 on focus. Since I have only 4 left to apply I am getting nervous where to put them. It's still a cloth doll, I want my warships, so I will buy the silk later.
Yeah, for all you can do with a willing doll, they just don't give enough dots to take advantage of it. As far as gold goes, I can help you out there. I gave away 30k recently, and now am back up around 60k again. I have all that gold can buy... two war frigates and a war sloop (I don't like the galleon) I may eventually buy an island and retire on it... still trying to work a deal with Walt on that one. Meantime I give to needy and good looking pirates Wink

No doubt it was Capn Crunch. Arrr!
heeehee!!!! Aye, it must have been. That rotten captain has taken more teeth than my fists have arrrg!

Oh I will use it just because it's more powerful now! You'll be able to hear me on other oceans!
Oh cool! Just sound off like a Viking horn, and we'll all come running!
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:38 am

Erik the Awful wrote:Meantime I give to needy and good looking pirates Wink
I fit the criteria mate, I be looking for a Sugar Pirate Daddy!

Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:09 pm

I fit the criteria mate, I be looking for a Sugar Pirate Daddy!
We must arrange a rendevous then. My pockets are full again, and so all the gold I am taking is just falling into the sea. (note to me future descendants: become caribbean scuba divers...)

and btw, you have changed my mind about grapeshot. If ever there is Sea PvP it would be very handy indeed! And even now, on occasions where you get left behind in a boarding, it is a sure way to knock off soldiers before they stuff and cuff your little friends.
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:51 pm

Rendezvous? oooohhh sounds delightful!
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:30 am

Thank you Erik for meeting with me, twas very gratifying! I was squealing with pleasure! hee hee!

I just completed my tasks for the list and am ready for the boss battle, so I went to check out my other pirate Jade and reviewed her stats. Oooof, its worse than I thought, turns out I have 2 points on Open Fire, and 3 dots on Come About and on her cannons I applied 4 dots on grape shot, grrr. She isn't as developed as Sirene on other skills thank goodness. Well I suppose I will use her for and pvp and wicked seamonsters when they arrive. lol
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm

My pleasure Sirene Very Happy I do know what it takes to please a lady... it takes gold, and lots of it lol!

Oh my, ye have joined us in line waiting for the boss battle. Arrrg! Well, maybe when Disney looks out his window and sees you standing there he will be inclined to speed things up and let us in!

Aye, there may be some advantages to the making of specialized pirates. I would not want to be on the ship that sides up to Jades, nor on the back of any sea monster she might tangle with!
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: