Crossbones Crew Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!!

5 posters

Go down

The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!! Empty The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!!

Post by Sirene Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:04 am

The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!! Finally! So I quickly pressed the button to battle just to see and promptly died! LOL
Sirene
Sirene

Number of posts : 48
Current Notoriety : 31
31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!! Empty Re: The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!!

Post by Sirene Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 am

Of course after that, I went with Dog Bones and with his fine Helmsmen ship on a second run we recovered the Pearl!!!
Sirene
Sirene

Number of posts : 48
Current Notoriety : 31
31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!! Empty Re: The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!!

Post by Pirate Teal Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:06 pm

All I can say is WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO cheers

Pirate Teal

Number of posts : 4
Current Notoriety : 36
Registration date : 2008-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:28 pm

The Black Pearl?? What is that??? OOOOH... been so long I forgot what I was waiting for.
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Number of posts : 57
Current Notoriety : The Black Pearl Quest is on Open!!! Lvlup_10
Registration date : 2008-01-22

http://www.myspace.com/earlrayerickson

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Ok, lets hear your Pearly adventures mateys! The bad thing is, you apparently need to have someone along on your crew who has it for a task or else you can't go. What a swindle that is!! After all this time waiting, Boss battle seems to me much ado about very little...

On my first try, with a very large crew, most of whom I didn't know, we got sunk at the bridges. Some lady (I'm holding me tongue...) took the helm before I could get to it. As the drawbridge fortifications blasted us, she had the ship turned so we could not see the target, much less shoot back at it. When our hull showed a bare thread of red remaining, she shouted out "can someone else take the wheel please?". Aye, famous last words, as I held me breath, swam to shore, and was immediately captured and jailed.

Second try I never even saw the Black Pearl, as the screen went black. I waited over 10 minutes, but there was no way thru the fog. I believe this is the consequence of a crew member turning yellow and bailing out just as we are supposed to be boarding. We had conscripted a low level stray, who I do suspect.

Alas, third time was the charm. The following morning I boarded with the crossbone crew's finest, Voodoo Bones, Sarah O'fury and her mini. (She looks very nice in her mini, btw...) We were done in less than 5 minutes I think. Voodoo skillfully rushed through the bridges before they were fully defeated, leaving the Brits befuddled. The Goliath then went down so fast I swear it had a glass hull. I would not be surprised if this game goes down for another 6 months of repairs following the shameful shellacking they took at the hands of four meager, unassuming pirates. Crosbones cheers
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Capn Blacklace Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Can anyone share details of what it takes to beat the Pearl (on open)? How is the overall difficulty level? What is best strategy for fighting soldiers on deck? What is best strategy for taking out bridges, Goliath, and whatever I can't remember from doing it on test so many moons ago?

Thanks!
Dean

Capn Blacklace

Number of posts : 2
Current Notoriety : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:26 am

Glad you asked, Capn! I've been thinking that the tactics for successful Boss extermination ought to be put to pen, since trying to explain it to a restless crew assembling on a beach without a clue is, well, futile.

Disney has definitely managed to stiffen the resolve of the British defenders, making this task at last a true challenge. Two things are critical to success: strong gunners and a smart sailor. Most, if not all, sinkings are the result of either pilot error or weak gunners.

Here are some tested tips:

1. You can't race through, trying to avoid the bridge embattlements, like you could before the upgrades. If you do you will affect the aim of your gunners, and get blown to bits as you try to pass. Best to stay far back and let your gunners use their most powerful cannon fodder to destroy each bridge before advancing. (With maxed thunderbolt and maxed barrage, they go down pretty quick)

2. The opening fight with soldiers is nothing to worry about. Just use whatever fighting technique you like best. Many use staffs, which get it done quick enough. I prefer grenades, and just trot to the side and toss into the mix, making sure no pirates are blocking my throw. The soldiers drop like flies in a sandstorm.

3. Immediately after the soldier fight man your cannons and load your shot of choice (for me it is thunderbolt). When the first ship battle is triggered after the pilot sets sail, you will get knocked off the cannon, but when you get back on your shot is ready to go. If you wait and select your shot when the ship battle begins you will be wasting precious time, resulting in more damage to your ship.

4. Choose the pilot before going to the game, to avoid confusion. Pick one who knows the tricks, but not necessarily the strongest pirate. You definitely want the strongest gunners to man the cannons.

5. The best plan of attack is to switch sides after each bridge. If the pilot calls out the side, the strong gunners can run to it and prepare their shot before approaching the bridge. To begin with have best gunners on right, and immediately after ship battle turn the ship so the right side is exposed to the bridges. When the bridge is destroyed, wait for gunners to switch to left side, then approach only close enough for them to be able to hit the next bridge fortresses, and turn the ship so they can hit the targets. The advantage to this switching side strategy is your ship will take hits more evenly, and so will stay afloat longer.

6. There was a bug, which might be fixed now, idk, on the middle bridge, where you have to shoot the right side bridge bulwark before the left.... if you shoot the left first it does not get damaged, but your ship does while you are trying.

7. When you finish off the last bridge, send your strong gunners to the left and have them prepare their shot before heading on to the Goliath. Then hit full sail to zip by the Goliath while hitting it with broadsides and then stop, letting your gunners hit the Goliath hard and fast in the hull... you will be amazed at how fast it sinks... and relieved, because by this time you will be hanging by a thin red thread!
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Capn Blacklace Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the Pearl tips in such gory detail! At least now when I go down in flames, it won't be from ignorance for a change. scratch

Now just a simple matter of assembling a crew foolhardy.. errrmmm.. brave enough to try it with! Crosbones

Thanks again!!!

Capn Blacklace

Number of posts : 2
Current Notoriety : 41
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Grace Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Aye Aye Capn, Its your favorite matey.. Sign me up on the Pearl quest! Lets find some more and finish her already!. And Erik, what happens after the Pearl is done? Did Disney finish up the next chapter in the book???

Thanks
Grace

Grace

Number of posts : 1
Current Notoriety : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down