Crossbones Crew Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Leveling Techniques

+3
Erik the Awful
Admin
Sirene
7 posters

Go down

Favorite Leveling Techniques Empty Favorite Leveling Techniques

Post by Sirene Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:27 am

Ahoy Mates! Well it seems many of us have finally completed the story quest with the help of our fellow mates and have found we are short the required rep points needed for the coveted staff, one poor lass I know is level 26.

Here's my question to you ye all, what favorite spot do you go to to level a particular weapon?

I like cuthroat, pulling 2 stumpies to the hill using my doll. And been hanging out at Suderon Beach (thanks Erik for showing me this) on the rock trying to level my dagger and cutless.
Sirene
Sirene

Number of posts : 48
Current Notoriety : 31
31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave
Registration date : 2008-01-07

Back to top Go down

Favorite Leveling Techniques Empty Re: Favorite Leveling Techniques

Post by Admin Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:54 am

Yeah both thsoe spots are good.

Caves at Tormenta not bad for pistol levelling.

Stumps at Outcast great for Dolly. (Although frankly Dolly is easy to level anywhere)

Places for High level Staff and Grenade levelling seem to be difficult to find.

Personally the grind of levelling has little appeal to me. I also think it is pointless and self defeating in the long run If we expect to get any enjoyment out of the game if and when it has new story content. The impetus to Level up should come from have fresh and high powered Bad guys to face not because there is nothing else to do. With that in mind I'm putting Black and Blind on ice till Disney get their act together. (Which I hope is sooner rather than later:) )

Yours

Aggrievedly

Black Slater
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-12-12

https://crossbones.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:51 pm

I too hate the leveling, but I want that staff to play with, lol. I have 2 other pirates to work on while we wait for the boss to open up, hopefully it will be ready at least when they are.
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:53 pm

Aye, leveling is not much fun, but you are driven into it by the yearning for the next level of whatever. Or by the aching to just get it over with. I look at leveling as being like working out... it is monotonous, tough, time consuming, but sticking with it will allow you to grow and be strong enough to do the things you like to do.

I focused on one weapon at a time. In the beginning I decided I wanted to be the strongest sword fighter around. And so I worked it, for hours on end, while others were off doing their tasks. And so I maxed it long before any other pirate I knew. Then I focused on grenades. I didnt get around to finishing my tasks until I was around level 34. But by then the tasks were easy, since I was stronger than most are when facing the same tasks. When I went out on my little ship quests, I was riding the waves on a war frigate carrying powerful thunder. And when I went after the buried key in Tormenta I went alone with no worries... I knew where it was, and I knew I could whip any critter in there without breaking a sweat.

My best places to level are:
1. Tormenta cave, for gun, staff, doll, making use of the "closet" (hide out I discovered next to keyhole) and of hex shot to disable molusks and brinescums. With the gun you have to run for ammo of course, so it's nice if you are there with a friend. Staff and doll level quickly there. On both I went up 2 levels to max in one evening. Blast a seabeard from the closet and kill him slow with soul flay. Or run out and count coup on him with your dolly then escape back into the closet to torture him to death. Disable voodoo guys with hex shot first, then use lead shot for big gun reps or work dolly or staff on them (or grenades or sword or dagger) The cave is not really a good place to level sword unless you have help from a healer, since only voodoo guys are easy (that could be a movie title lol) and they come in waves. I used to kill off all the voodoo guys till they quit respawning, then go to another server... till I found the closet. (If anyone doesn't know about it, ask and I will tell more...)

2. Kingshead, for sword, doll, staff and grenades at lower levels. Also a great place to get gold from hapless victims.

3. Sudoron Beach, for grenades, gun and dagger. The hill behind the knife shop is by far the best place for leveling daggers. Once tagged, the unwitting enemy climbs up after you but gets so winded by the climb that they can hardly fight. Using throw on dagger (once you have all the throw options) gets better reps than combos. And when you run out just jump through the roof of the knife shop to restock. Having gun shops there makes it very nice for grenade and gun leveling too.

Another trick for those trying to level up notoriety faster is to use multiple weapons. Switching weapons allows more reps overall... a friend I took there recently was getting up to 220 reps per kill.

But I agree with Slater... Disney needs to get with it and provide us with the next phase, boss battle, chapter two, skill expansions, new challenges, new rewards, or they will soon see all the pirate lemmings they have attracted falling off the cliff to oblivion and into a disney-free existence. Without doubt they opened this game to the general public too soon. It's like building an incredibe roller coaster ride and then opening it before construction is completed. It's real fun for a while, but then the ending is a trainwreck affraid
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Number of posts : 57
Current Notoriety : Favorite Leveling Techniques Lvlup_10
Registration date : 2008-01-22

http://www.myspace.com/earlrayerickson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Stiletto Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:25 am

Aye Matey, me I go to Driftwood on the other side to level some of my weapons especially the pistol and cutlass but this lass is getting tired of eating crab all the time. While on Outcast, did add a lot of points on my dolly w/me mateys while we were getting those stumps if it weren't for them I would of ended up in the brig more times than I could count since 1/2 of this wench's weapons aren't even a level 15. Mate, you can have the grenades. Too much time and effort working those up.

I do agree with Erik and Slater, Disney shouldn't have things on Test but not on the live game. All us Captains, swabbies and swashbucklers will do other things while Disney tries to get their act together.

Lady Stiletto

Number of posts : 73
Current Notoriety : L23

Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:23 am

I consciously have tried mixing up the weapon combinations and types while trying to kill an enemy no matter where they are and have really noticed the difference in rep points I am getting. Recently I was on driftwood with Poppet and of course she has low level weapons, and it took forever to kill a level 23 crab but worth the pic I got!!

Favorite Leveling Techniques 266reps

Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Wow!! What a Face
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirene Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:55 am

ooooh gotta another good one, I suspect I got 100 reps on each of 3 weapons and some on a 4th to get this.

Favorite Leveling Techniques 312reps
Sirene
Sirene

31 Jade
32 Poppet
25 Rico Suave

Back to top Go down

Favorite Leveling Techniques Empty Wow, thanks so much for all of these

Post by ben_firespinner Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Anybody on tonight at 5 EST please feel free to look me up on Monos Server and lets go get some of these points or help me out on my quest to get the best cutlass

Thanks again and if possible I would love to be in the guild!!

Ben Firespinner Notoriety level 22

ben_firespinner

Number of posts : 1
Current Notoriety : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erik the Awful Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:56 am

Well blimey, Sirene!! Ye'll have to have that one stuffed and mounted!
Erik the Awful
Erik the Awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Gunflint Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Most of the time(especially since I ran out of story quests to do) I have been staying in El Sudoron to lvl up my weapons by fighting the stumps, raiders and gypsys there. Since it's on Padres it's nice and easy to get to and doesn't require any sailing to get there. Any chance that I can get to avoid sailing, I take advantage of it and stay on an island with shops. It seems like after you hit a certain lvl, you can go less and less places to lvl up and still get decent reputation from it. I noticed a place that I can't remember the name of that had all mid-lvl 30 enemys, does anyone know where that was?

Kat Gunflint

Number of posts : 2
Current Notoriety : I am at lvl 34 as of now
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Dahlia Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:39 am

Ahoy Kat

Sorry I can't think of the place your talking about at the moment. That dosent require sailing. But I'm sure it will come to me. But, my place to level is at Tormenta. TP to Cuba and its right next door Arrow . There is a certain spot that has smaller enemies to go after 28 and lower. That came in handy for me when i was alone and doing the Mollusks and Brinescum. just remember to use your Hex-eater shots on them before to disable them. Then you can use whatever weapon you want to level. Stay clear of the Seabeards unless you have someone to help tune you up.

Hope that helps Very Happy
Black Dahlia
Black Dahlia

Number of posts : 5
Current Notoriety : level 40
Registration date : 2008-02-25

http://www.myspace.com/myrhiannon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down